Aug 18, 2018 – Sep 09, 2018
|Monday||11:00 am – 5:00 pm|
|Wednesday||11:00 am – 5:00 pm|
|Thursday||11:00 am – 5:00 pm|
|Friday||11:00 am – 5:00 pm|
|Saturday||10:00 am – 6:00 pm|
|Sunday||11:00 am – 5:00 pm|
- This event has passed.
The GRAMMY Museum® and Warner Bros. have teamed up to present “The Get Animated Invasion,” an interactive exhibit that celebrates the music that generations have come to know and love from Warner Bros. iconic animation shorts and films. Warner Bros. has a long history of invading pop culture though music, from popularizing classical compositions to creating mainstream hits that stand the test of time; the latest of which is the animated feature “Smallfoot,” featuring an all-star voice cast and original music including a new song from Niall Horan. The pop-up exhibit will take over the GRAMMY Museum’s second floor, Aug. 18–Sept. 9, 2018, making this Get Animated’s second pop-up exhibit following their inaugural invasion in New York last fall. Tickets are available for sale on www.grammymuseum.org starting August 1 to GRAMMY Museum members, and on August 8 to the general public. Limited tickets to the Museum will be released during this exhibit, and reservations are required. Additional information can be found in current exhibits. Guests will enjoy an interactive journey of reimagined musical moments within Warner Bros.’ most beloved animated entertainment. The exhibits starts by celebrating Looney Tunes’ unique way of blending comedy with a modern twist on classical music, featuring three unforgettable scenes where Bugs Bunny showcases his musical skills. Next, visitors can rock out in Judy Jetson’s futuristic bedroom, which moonlights as the ultimate Jet Screamer fandom shrine. Other features include Scooby-Doo’s psychedelic stage, equipped with spooky vintage instruments and villains to play hype man as well as the 2-D-meets-3-D phenomena that is Space Jam, and so much more. In addition, each world will also include rare artifacts from each animation and viewing areas powered by content partner Boomerang, the standalone premium video streaming service, to watch the musical scenes that inspired the space.
“We have created an innovative experience within the GRAMMY Museum that truly captures the rich history and pop-culture appeal of our most treasured animated stories,” said Maryellen Zarakas, senior vice president of franchise management and marketing for Warner Bros. Consumer Product. “The integration of music, art, and storytelling infused with the kinetic energy of our characters will captivate today’s generation of Warner Bros. animation fans and music enthusiasts.”
“The GRAMMY Museum celebrates music in all its forms, making it the perfect place to bring the classic characters of Warner Bros. cartoons to life through music,” said Scott Goldman, GRAMMY Museum Artistic Director. “Whether you know the cartoons by heart or will experience them for the first time through this interactive exhibit, this is a fresh new music-first experience for all. Many thanks to Warner Bros. for letting these beloved characters invade the GRAMMY Museum.”The Get Animated Invasion pop-up exhibit features nine interactive spaces anchored in iconic Warner Bros. animated worlds, five of which are designed in partnership with influential artists and designers known for their respective crafts. The exclusive band of buzzworthy artists and designers include Crystal Wagner, Joshua Vides, Confetti System, Amelia Muqbel, and Sam Taylor—each tapped to pay homage to select musical elements of Warner Bros.’ adored cartoons through a modernized lens. EXHIBIT FEATURES:
- “LOONEY TUNES” WILL FEATURE INTERPRETATIONS OF THREE CLASSICAL MUSIC-DRIVEN EPISODES: “WHAT’S OPERA DOC?,” “RABBIT OF SEVILLE,” AND “LONG-HAIRED HARE.”
- “SCOOBY-DOO” IS INSPIRED BY THE SOUNDS OF THE ’60S AND ’70S AND WILL INCLUDE A PSYCHEDELIC STAGE EXPERIENCE IN COLLABORATION WITH ARTIST SAM TAYLOR TO CELEBRATE THE MUSIC HEARD ON THE SERIES.
- SPACE JAM WILL PAY HOMAGE TO ’90S R&B INSPIRED BY ITS ICONIC SOUNDTRACK AS WELL AS THE ULTIMATE MONSTARS VS. TUNESQUAD SHOWDOWN FROM THE FILM. ARTIST JOSHUA VIDES REINTERPRETS THE 2-D WORLD WITH A GALACTIC HALF-COURT SPACE IN HIS SIGNATURE STYLE.
- “SMALLFOOT” WILL IMMERSE VISITORS IN A WINTER ESCAPE INSPIRED BY THE SEPTEMBER 28TH FEATURE RELEASE, STARRING CHANNING TATUM, JAMES CORDEN, ZENDAYA, COMMON, LEBRON JAMES, DANNY DEVITO, GINA RODRIGUEZ, YARA SHAHIDI, ELY HENRY AND JIMMY TATRO; AND FEATURING NEW MUSIC WRITTEN BY WAYNE KIRKPATRICK AND KAREY KIRKPATRICK AND PERFORMED BY TATUM, COMMON AND ZENDAYA, ALONG WITH A NEW SONG FROM NIALL HORAN. FINE ARTIST CRYSTAL WAGNER BRINGS HER SIGNATURE LARGER-THAN-LIFE STRUCTURE WORK INTO THE SPACE TO CREATE A SNOWY DOME-LIKE ENVIRONMENT REFLECTING THE STORY’S BEAUTIFUL MOUNTAIN SETTING.
- “ANIMANIACS” WILL HIGHLIGHT NOTABLE TONGUE-TWISTING AND WACKY SONGS FROM THE SHOW THROUGH AN INTERACTIVE KARAOKE BOOTH DESIGNED BY ARTIST DUO CONFETTI SYSTEM.
- “TOM AND JERRY” IS KNOWN FOR ITS CLASSICAL COMPOSITIONS. TO BRING A MODERN AND INTERACTIVE ELEMENT TO THE GENRE, GUESTS WILL HAVE THE OPPORTUNITY TO DIVE INTO THE EPISODES AND CELEBRATE THE MUSICAL MOMENTS WITH A PRIVATE EXPERIENCE.
- “THE FLINTSTONES” WILL SHOWCASE A REINTERPRETED STONE AGE-INSPIRED INSTRUMENT FROM THE SERIES AND GUESTS WILL BE ABLE TO PHYSICALLY PLAY THE INSTRUMENT AS WELL.
- “THE JETSONS” BRINGS THE EXPERIENCE INTO JUDY JETSON’S BEDROOM AND HER LOVE OF MUSIC AND TEENAGE HEARTTHROB JET SCREAMER. THE MID-CENTURY MEETS FUTURISTIC AESTHETIC IS CURATED BY CREATOR AMELIA MUQBEL TO HELP BRING THE ULTIMATE FAN-GIRL WORLD TO LIFE.
- GET ANIMATED RECORDS WILL CELEBRATE ALL THE MUSICAL ELEMENTS ACROSS OUR HIGHLIGHTED ANIMATIONS WITH OUR OWN TAKE OF A GET ANIMATED RECORD SHOP WITH REIMAGINED VINYL ARTWORK INSPIRED BY OUR CHARACTERS.