The core of the GRAMMY Museum’s mission is to provide music education for all. Therefore, while our Museum’s physical location is closed until further notice in light of COVID-19 we will release educational content and lesson plans on our blog and digital platforms during the closure, continuing our mission of paying tribute to our musical heritage and bringing our community together through music.
Every Sunday and Tuesday, we will be releasing Music Education Lessons and Activities on our website blog. Our first lesson plan will be released on Sunday, March 22, 2020, at 10:00AM PST.
Music Education Lesson Plans
- March 22, 2020 – Electronic Music Production Lesson 1: Introduction
- March 22, 2020 – Video Production Lesson 1: Introduction
- March 24, 2020 – Music of the Civil Rights Movement Lesson 1
- March 29, 2020 – Electronic Music Production Lesson 2: Producing with MIDI
- March 29, 2020 – Video Production Lesson 2: Camera Settings, Angles, Shots
- March 31, 2020 – Music of the Civil Rights Movement Lesson 2
- April 5, 2020 – Careers Through Music Video Series: Skill Building
- April 7, 2020 – Careers Through Music Video Series: Leadership
- April 12, 2020 – GRAMMY in the Schools Mini Lesson 1
- April 14, 2020 – GRAMMY in the Schools Mini Lesson 2
- April 19, 2020 – Electronic Music Production Lesson 3: Overdubbing MIDI & Quantizing for Time
- April 21, 2020 – Video Production Lesson 3: Shooting a video
To keep updated as we announce more releases of our public program series, information on how to access our exhibits through the social lens as you practice “social distancing,” and updates on new music education lessons, follow us on our social media channels and sign up for our weekly newsletters
Our doors may be closed. Our mission isn’t.